top of page
Mengkuang Dam, Pulau Pinang
The existing Mengkuang Dam was built in 1983 with storage capacity of 22 million cubic meter. It supplies raw water to Sungai Dua water treatment plant during drought season each year to compensate the shortage of raw water in Sungai Muda.
However, with the increasing water supply demand in Pulau Pinang, the raw water supply from existing Mengkuang Dam is unable to meet the raw water requirement of Sg Dua water treatment plant. Therefore, under the 10th Malaysia Plan, Federal Government has approved the Expansion of Mengkuang Dam Project, Pulau Pinang.
28KM North-East of Butterworth
TECHNICAL DATA :
- Excavation and Earth Moving: approximately 9,000,000 cubic metre
- Embankment Volume: approximately 8,000,000 cubic metre
- Length of Dam Crest: 3 kilometre
- Water Storage Capacity: 22,000,000 cubic metre
Jabatan Bekalan Air Pinang
RM 201 million
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
- Additional 1 year extension due to changes in design.
January 2011 - January 2018
bottom of page